– The strike in Tana restarted this morning at the Place du 13 Mai Analakely. The force army was present. Andry TGV told his followers, who were fewer than at the beginning of the protest, that those gendarmes were there with them.
– Retired people queued along the post offices in town in order to perceive their monthly due. They have been there since 7.00 a.m. It was already 9.00 a.m. when the post office in Antaninarenina decided to open. At11.30 a.m., only a few people were not paid.
– Only one Bank in Antaninarenina was open this morning. Long queue at all ATM downtown. People needs money to buy basic foods. We never know how long all of this may take.
– Starting from yesterday, the President Marc Ravalomanana has been at Iavoloha.
– This morning the President went to RNM/TVM in Anosy, MBS in Anosipatrana and MAGRO in Tanjombato seeing the damages. Few people were still robbing the rest of materials at MAGRO when Ravalomanana passed by. He said he would not do anything to those poor people but only to the “responsibles” of the attacks.
– Curfew from 9.00 p.m. to 4.00 a.m. starting from yesterday, decreed Andry Rajoelina.
– Two more shops were robbed then burnt on Monday night (but I didn’t get the news before today): Trading Center and Samkokwa in Analakely. More than 20 people were found charred at Trading Center.
– The President Marc Ravalomanana ordered the Praiminister to put back the transmitter of VIVA TV. (By taking such decision, maybe the President wants to show that he is really willing to negotiate)
– Only few gas stations are open. They have decided to limit to 20 liters of gas per car. This way, they can make sure that all customers will get their part. Using cans and bottles to pour the gas are not allowed. This is for security.
– Marc Ravalomanana announced that Roland Ratsiraka and General Golin Rasolosoa are behind all of these robberies. The two of them are now Wanted by the police. The President asked anyone who knows where Roland Ratsiraka and Golin may be hided to inform the gov.